Our nation’s veterans never hesitate when called to service. That’s why Ohio Valley Goodwill gives back by providing support and services to those who’ve sacrificed for us.
Ohio Valley Goodwill recognizes the unique challenges veterans may face when transitioning to civilian life, so to help them navigate, we offer a range of programs and initiatives to assist veterans in their journey.
November 11 is Veterans Day, making it the perfect time to learn about the ways we can all give back to our veterans. Here are several veteran services you support when you give to Goodwill:
1. Job Training and Skills Development: Goodwill offers training programs and workshops that help veterans acquire the necessary skills for civilian employment. These programs can range from computer skills to resume writing and interview preparation.
2. Job Placement: Goodwill provides job placement services that connect veterans with employers who value their military experience and skills. Through employer partnerships and resource assistance, we can provide long-term employment opportunities for veterans returning to civilian life.
3. Support for Homeless Veterans: Ohio Valley Goodwill is proud to participate in Cincinnati’s Homeless Veterans Reintegration Projects (HVRP). Assistance is available for veterans in finding stable housing, career planning, and job placement.
4. Transition Assistance: The road to civilian life after military duty can be bumpy. The programs Goodwill offers through the Homeless Veterans Reintegration Projects are designed to provide the supports and assistance needed for veterans to rejoin their community as fully integrated members.
5. Supportive Services: Ohio Valley Goodwill often connects veterans to supportive services that improve their well-being, such as mental health counseling, addiction recovery, and wellness programs.
6. Community Inclusion: Goodwill helps veterans become part of their communities by fostering a sense of belonging and inclusion. This can involve connecting veterans with local resources and social activities.
7. Career Advancement: Beyond helping veterans find jobs, Goodwill wants to help veterans grow their career prospects through education and training opportunities.
8. Outreach and Advocacy: Goodwill advocates for veterans’ needs and collaborates with other organizations and government agencies to improve veterans’ access to support and services.
At Ohio Valley Goodwill, our support for veterans is part of our broader mission to empower individuals to achieve their full potential and independence, regardless of the challenges they may face. We know the importance of recognizing and valuing the unique skills and experiences that veterans bring to the civilian workforce and work to provide a successful transition for those who have served in the military.
This Veterans Day, consider showing your gratitude to our service members. Simply say thank you, learn more about Goodwill’s veteran services, or support our mission by donating to Goodwill. Ohio Valley Goodwill is thankful for the sacrifices made by our veterans and active military members. Thank you!