Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries has been putting people to work for over 106 years! We are very proud of the employment success of the thousands of men and women with disabilities and our nation’s veterans that the organization has served over the past century.
Since 1916, Ohio Valley Goodwill has served individuals with disabilities throughout the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky region. Founded by Methodist minister Reverend Richard Scully, Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries initially served a variety of populations including those in poverty, individuals in need of vocational training, people with disabilities, and families in need. The organization’s facilities originally occupied three locations in downtown Cincinnati.
In the mid-1950′s, with the help of organizational leaders and civic volunteers, Goodwill moved to a centralized location in Woodlawn. This facility opened for service in July 1957, and is still used today. Ohio Valley Goodwill’s entire Woodlawn corporate center was renovated in 2004 to meet the expanding service needs of the Greater Cincinnati community.
Goodwill’s community presence today includes four satellite vocational training centers throughout the four-county region; 19 retail stores and 30 Attended Donation Centers. In addition, Goodwill is committed to environmental stewardship recycling more than 50 million pounds of donated materials each year, diverting them from area landfills.
Goodwill’s commitment to putting people to work is just as strong and relevant to today’s challenging world as it was back in the beginning. With your support, we look forward to another century of service to the Greater Cincinnati community.