Transition Youth Services
Pre-Employment Transition Services for Students with Disabilities
Ohio Valley Goodwill is pleased to offer a range of pre-employment transition services for students with disabilities. Below you will find more information about the different services designed to help students with disabilities in Greater Cincinnati achieve employment success.
Job Exploration Counseling
- Discuss career options and learn about in-demand jobs.
- Students will identify where they are in the career planning process, complete interest inventories and conduct informational interviews.
- Students will communicate why employment matters.
- Experience and gain knowledge about the workplace.
- Students will participate in work-site tours and job shadowing experiences at community businesses.
- Students will learn to display appropriate worksite behaviors and begin applying the knowledge and tools they learned.
Workplace Readiness Training
- Improve social and independent living skills.
- Students will understand appropriate work behaviors and demonstrate the ability to meet employer expectations.
- Students will participate in mock interviews, complete applications and resume templates and may attend job fairs.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the impact of personal social media profile and other communication.
Summer Youth Services
- Offered during two summer sessions for 5 weeks each. This five-week service offers an opportunity to participate in an interactive, paid work experience in an integrated and competitive employment setting.
- Designed to provide students with a variety of work skills such as ability to follow work place rules and communicate needs and questions in the work place.
- Transportation and on-site job coaching support is provided by Ohio Valley Goodwill Community Services team members.
- Worksites are spread across the Greater Cincinnati community and offer the chance for students to become fully engaged in the different aspects that each employment opportunity presents.
All Pre-Employment Transition Services for Students are offered through a collaborative partnership with Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities and students must be at least 14 years of age and be eligible for services through OOD.
For more information about Ohio Valley Goodwill’s Pre-Employment Transition Services and Summer Youth Services, please call (513) 771-4800, ext. 6313 or email: email@example.com