Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries is a private, 501(C)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment to obtain jobs, skill training and personal development opportunities.
Celebrating more than 100 years of service to the Greater Cincinnati community, Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries helps people to achieve personal success.
Learn about our Services
Learn about our Retail Services
- Individuals with mental, physical or emotional disabilities
- Individuals currently challenged with homelessness; especially veterans
- Referred by local County Boards of DD, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (formerly known as the Ohio Rehabilitation Services Commission), Veteran’s Administration, Workers’ Compensation
Serving Our Community:
Ohio Valley Goodwill helps thousands of individuals to find meaningful employment every year.
- 3389 individuals received employment and training services
- We served more than 695 veterans
With community support, Ohio Valley Goodwill generates revenue through three major business divisions to fund the mission.
Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries strives in an ever-improving mode to be the leader in quality and effectiveness of vocational, educational, social and human services in the State of Ohio.
As a member of Goodwill Industries International, we are a part of the world’s largest and most successful network providing employment and training services for people with disabilities and other barriers to employment.
Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries was founded in 1916 and is one of the largest providers of rehabilitation services in the State of Ohio. The total number of individuals served in 2019 was 3389 and total placed in community employment was 877. We served more than 695 Veterans in 2019 and recycled more than 52,800,000 lbs of donated material as well as cardboard, steel and office paper.
The amount of government assistance that was saved was $6,751,168 and the total economic impact was $69,716,075.
- 2019 Guidestar Gold Transparency Award
- J.D. Robins Jr. Distinguished Career Award presented to Joseph S. Byrum, President and CEO by Goodwill Industries International
- 2019 Ohio Success Award for Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries (Nonprofit category) from Ohio Business Magazine
- 2018 Provider Appreciation Award from Clermont DD
- 2018 Volunteer Appreciation Award from Clermont DD
- 2018 Friend of Warren County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- 2018 Top 10 Non-Profit on the World Brand Value Index
- 2018 Community Impact Award Presented to Summer McGriff by Butler DD.
- 2016 Ohio Rehabilitation Association Award Recipient- Antonio Adams, Doris Brennan Award Winner, nominated by OVGI
- 2016 Best Workplace in Ohio
- 2016 Meritorious Service Award, National Coalition for Homeless Veterans- Bill Darnell and John Briggs, Veterans Services team
- 2016 C-Suite CFO of the Year Award Finalist, Cincinnati Business Courier- Doug Ostholthoff
- Hamilton County Commissioners Proclaimed Friday, June 3rd, 2016 as “Goodwill Industries Day throughout all of Hamilton County” in recognition of Goodwill’s 100thAnniversary of Service.
- 2016 Butler County Board of Developmental Disabilities Community Recognition Award- Matt Burnheimer and Michael Johnson
- 2016 Community Pillar Nonprofit Board Executive of the Year- Joe Walter, from SmartBusiness Magazine and Medical Mutual
- 2014 Clermont County Board of Developmental Disabilities – Provider Appreciation Award, awarded to Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries
- 2014 “Excellence in Reuse” Award – Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries from Hamilton County Recycling and Solid Waste District
- 2014 CARA Champion, Sharon Hannon, Marketing Specialist
- 2014 “Best of Cincinnati, Vintage Thrift Store,” CityBeat Magazine
- 2014 Bronze Level Achievement Award to Ohio Valley Goodwill from AbilityOne™ Quality Work Environment Initiative
- 2014 Butler County Board of Developmental Disabilities Community Recognition Award- Michael Johnson and Aimee Rittner
- 2014 Clean Kitchen Award from Hamilton County Public Health for Ohio Valley Goodwill’s Food Services Program.
- 2014 Pillar Award for Community Service, “Non-Profit Board Executive of the Year”- Mr. Dennis Barron, OVGI Board of Directors.
- 2013 “Best in Cincinnati” Thrift Stores, CityBeat Magazine
- 2013 “Business Partner of the Year” Award – presented to Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries – from Clermont County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
- 2013 Butler County Board of Developmental Disabilities Community Recognition Award- Michael Goforth and Mike Sweetin, Fairfield Vocational Services Center
- 2013 Clermont County Board of Developmental Disabilities “Dancing for our Stars”- Todd and Julie Schreiber
- 2012 SWORA Rehabilitation Support Staff of the Year- Jay Kehoe, Office Procedures and Computer Technology
- 2012 “Best in Cincinnati” Thrift Stores, CityBeat Magazine
- 2012 Butler County Board of DD, Community Recognition Awards, Aimee Rittner, Chelsea Combs, Summer McGriff
- 2012 Medical Mutual Pillar Award for Community Service presented to Joseph S. Byrum, President & CEO, Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries, Nonprofit Executive Director of the Year.
- 2012 Hamilton County DD Services, Sue Breiner Self-Advocacy Award- Matt Graves
- 2012 Hamilton County DD Services, Joanne Schreiner Outstanding Achievement Award- Paul Davis.
- 2012 SWORA Rehabilitation Practitioner of the Year – Jay Kehoe, Office Procedures and Computer Technology.
- 2012 BCBDD Community Recognition Awards- Aimee Rittner, Chelsea Combs, Summer McGriff.
- 2012 HCDDS Sue Breiner Self-Advocacy Award- Matt Graves
- 2012 HCDDS Joanne Schreiner Award for Outstanding Achievement- Paul Davis
See our full list of awards here.
Ohio Valley Goodwill recognizes that it is only through the relationships with business and employers, partners, community members and the generosity of every individual in Greater Cincinnati that allows the organization to be successful in fulfilling its mission in serving the local community.
If you are a member of the media and would like a media kit mailed to you, please contact our Marketing Manager at (513) 771-4800, ext. 6364.