Working as a partner with Goodwill Industries International, Ohio Valley Goodwill is a member of a large worldwide network of more than 160 Goodwill organizations helping people in more than 37 nations worldwide. Started in 1902 by the Rev. Edgar Helms in Boston, Massachusetts, Goodwill Industries grew from its humble beginnings to the international human service organization it is today.
For the sixth consecutive time, Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries has received a three-year accreditation from CARF (the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) with no recommendations for improvement. This is the 15th consecutive three-year accreditation Goodwill has received. This accreditation is an indication of the organization’s dedication and commitment to improving the quality of the lives of the persons served. The CARF surveyors made no recommendations. This is an extraordinary accomplishment, as only 3 percent of CARF surveys result in no recommendations and Ohio Valley Goodwill has now received six consecutive surveys with no recommendations over the past 18 years.
The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) has announced that Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries Rehabilitation Center, Inc. has been accredited for a period of three years for:
- Community Employment Services: Employment Supports
- Community Employment Services: Job Development
- Community Integration
- Comprehensive Vocational Evaluation Services
In the CARF survey outcomes report the evaluators noted “the organization demonstrates full conformance to the standards. It is clear that Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries, Inc. is highly regarded by the professional and public communities throughout its service area of Ohio. The funders, supporters, families, and consumers agree on the dedication of the staff members and management team to providing high-quality services. It is evident that the [individuals] benefit from the programs and services provided. Its many strengths include enthusiastic and capable leadership, dedicated board members, a wide array of services and knowledgeable and dedicated staff members who carry out their responsibilities with professionalism.”
Highlights of the 2019 CARF survey letter included the following statements:
“Person-centered services are of high quality and consumers report that they are treated with dignity and respect. Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries has earned a strong reputation in the service provider community as it works collaboratively on behalf of the consumers.”
Strengths noted included:
- Important part of the service community of the Cincinnati area for over 100 years. In that time, Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries has developed a reputation as the provider of choice.
- Management team members with long tenure which helps to provide continuity of services and wisdom in development of mission, vision and forward movement of the organization.
- Staff members possess expertise in many areas and are eager to share their enthusiasm for the work being done. Staff members are well trained, proactive, involved in legislative efforts, energetic and eager to support the [individuals] in their vocational endeavors.
- Family members and individuals alike expressed sincere appreciation for the “family-like atmosphere” which provides the right kind of support for individuals.
- Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries is applauded for the variety of options available for [individuals] to explore opportunities for employment at their own pace.
- Ohio Valley Goodwill is congratulated for its attentiveness to ensuring that consumers understand their rights and have choices in all services and interactions.
- The Center for Advocacy, Recreation and Education (CARE) program is extremely organized and provides daily opportunities for career exploration, community involvement, peer support, and skill acquisition. Individuals play a very active role in determining the selection of activities being offered and are the driving force behind the program design and delivery. Staff work tirelessly to ensure that consumer choice is always at the forefront and great care is taken to focus on the development of meaningful relationships in the community.
- The community employment services program provides creative and innovative supports for individuals expressing interest in working in the community. Considerable effort is taken to ensure that the consumer and the employer understand the process from the beginning and are comfortable in all phases, which in turn maximizes the opportunity for long-term employment success.
- Ohio Valley Goodwill is applauded for its efforts in legislative advocacy on the state and federal level on legislation which could affect services provided. The organization consistently demonstrates its ability to adapt to changes as implemented by funding sources while maintaining a standard of excellence for service delivery.
For more information about the 2019 CARF survey, click here.
If you have a question about Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries, please contact us here or call (513) 771-4800.
Affiliations / Partners