Affiliation and Accreditation
Working as a partner with Goodwill Industries International, Ohio Valley Goodwill is a member of a large world-wide network of more than 200 Goodwill organizations helping people in more than 37 nations world-wide. Started in 1902 by the Rev. Edgar Helms in Boston, Massachusetts, Goodwill Industries grew from its humble beginnings 100 years ago to the international human service organization it is today.
For the fourth consecutive time, Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries has received a three-year accreditation from CARF (the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) with no recommendations for improvement. This is the 13th consecutive three-year accreditation Goodwill has received. This accreditation is an indication of the organization's dedication and commitment to improving the quality of the lives of the persons served. The CARF surveyors made no recommendations. This is an extraordinary accomplishment, as only 3 percent of CARF surveys result in no recommendations and Ohio Valley Goodwill has now received four consecutive surveys with no recommendations over the past twelve years.
In the CARF survey outcomes report the evaluators noted "upon review of our records, we have also determined that your organization has achieved a level of "accreditation distinction" among your peers." The CARF survey letter noted that Goodwill's "achievement of four consecutive surveys with zero recommendations is rare and places it in a distinct group of organizations." Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries demonstrates "full conformance to the CARF standards, exemplifying impressive dedication and commitment to providing the highest quality services to address the needs of its community.
Highlights of the 2013 CARF survey letter included the following statements:
"The commitment of the board, leadership, and staff members to its mission and vision promotes a culture of care and compassion for the individuals served and their families that permeates the entire organization. Its sterling reputation with community members; funding and referral sources; and, particularly, the persons served and their families reflects the high level of satisfaction expressed by all stakeholder groups."
The survey found the following 18 strengths in conformance to the standards summarized below:
To view the full 2013 CARF Accreditation Survey, click here.
- Leadership by the Board of Directors
- Culture of dedication to Goodwill's mission and values
- Well trained and enthusiastic staff members with an extensive knowledge base
- A commitment to continuous performance improvement
- Respect, collaboration and professionalism reflected among staff members
- Excellent safety program and facilities maintenance practices
- Excellent reputation with referral sources
- Effective strategic planning with a mission driven focus
- Successful public relations and media outreach
- Unique and comprehensive program for veterans and their families
- Individual service planning which facilitates movement through its programs
- Creative vocational evaluation services provided by knowledgeable and dedicated staff
- Employment skills training in computers, food services, janitorial and retail which are reflective of the current labor market
- Assistive technology use which addresses the unique needs of persons served
- Comprehensive and efficient intake and admission procedures
- Well deserved reputation for quality service provision
- Integrated community-based experiences offered through the CARE program
- Track record of successful and time-efficient competitive job placements
- Employment supports program designed to sustain the long-term placement of individuals
“Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries has been providing service to the local community since 1916.
From humble beginnings in the early part of the last century to today, our organization has
grown to be a major provider of service and programs in the State of Ohio.”
President and CEO
Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries • 10600 Springfield Pike • Cincinnati, Ohio 45215 • 513-771-4800
2012 Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries. All rights reserved